Friday 16 November 2012

On US visa, and why the wind blew towards a different direction.


In  famous tagalog saying "Nag iba ang ihip ng hangin". 


I've always said NO to the idea of leaving for US, for vaca or for good. It was a fat No, with the gate closed, doors locked, and the windows shut. But I guess,  life has it's crazy twisted turns and that one thing we loathe the most, is the next thing we'd fight our might with. My mom was stunned when I told her about my plan about going to US next year, she didn't even ask what changed my mind, how long, and why. She already knew without asking that I am not leaving with anyone in my family, I guess she knew that's how I wanted it to be.

Hi, I'm Diane, the wandering dork. This is my journey towards finding myself, one country at a time. I am a stone throw away from going broke, but not broken nonetheless. In all of my trips, this by far is the most costly. Airfare alone will cost me a whole lot moolah, but the ability to save for it is the ultimate fulfillment. This is my big leap towards poverty liberty. 


With a new door opening for possibilities, I am overwhelming with joy and fear altogether. Allowing beautiful things unfold itself in a timely fashion. 


US VISA

I'm a single, broke, wandering dork, with a Philippine passport. My credentials say, I am a perfect TNT candidate. If I apply today, It's a whopping no from the consul. Therefore I must prepare all the necessary documents to re-label my credentials and snag that US visa. This can only mean loong preparation and a daunting one at that. Thank God I have my Mommy's financial moral support. :)


No consul, I am not taking a No for an answer. Sorry i'm not sorry. Gimme it, or face the consequences. Jke


Are you a young, single, traveler planning to secure US visa too? Here are some pointers we'll have to take into consideration:

-A good job

- Strong ties with your family

- A reason to return

- No reason to return in US indefinitely

- Enough moolah to fund your trip

- Prove that traveling to US isn't a strange concept. (Why ? Is it weird to travel to a 1st world country?)

-Financial support from Family (Highly applicable for the young, broke, but happy travelers like me)

-Your family members with US visa might help. 

-Travel history (Dear consul, please go over my blog, my itchy feet is dying to visit outside asia. Thank you.)


DORK IN THE CITY


I can already imagine walking ala Carrie Bradshaw in Manhattan with ate Hanna taking bajillion of pictures, Stalking DJ Mo Twister in Central Park and bond like Robin in Lily in autumn with my old friend Lai.



I have long moooonths of preparation, so wish me luck! :) 

When I'm away, I feel empowered. I feel like everything's changed and that I can do everything.  =) - @dianadayne


2 comments:

  1. Come visit LA too!!! Or if I got enough funds, we can meet in NY or Vegas =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joyce!!!! I'll be staying in Jersey!!! We can meet in NY!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share to compare! :)