Monday 31 December 2012

Photowalk: Club Balai Isabel



Phew, I have not written anything since my dad passed away but I just could not welcome 2013 without an entry at least. I lost my blogging rhythm,  but not traveling. I haven't been anywhere the past month so I really appreciated this mini getaway from grieving, coping and a couple of getting used to. It was just a perfect getaway before I jump start 2013. 

New beginnings.


It all sounds promising yeah, here comes to long lists of New Years resolutions, and bucket lists. But I'm jumping out of the bandwagon, and make a list of things I am thankful for 2012, so that blessings may be carried over until 2013.   A new Diana aka Wandering Dork is about to make its debut this 2013, so you guys might want to bookmark this page and string along my journey, my pursuit for peace, happiness, and self worth.



Finally had the time to actually run some test shots for my new baby which I purchased a month ago. Who needs an SLR when your dear DG cam is doing all so well? :) I feel a notch better for making a better judgement for choosing a good camera. :D *patintheback*


Not only have I tickled my interest for travel, but I've rekindled my old love for writing and photography too!



The scenery is beautiful beyond measure.  We lounged for hours, lost track of time, and laughed like silly.

I cannot remember how long I sat in that stilt terrace while I enjoyed the view of the smallest active volcano, the Taal Volcano. The true essence of travel is not how far you go, but how much of it grew you to be a better person.




Although the buffet was a disappointment, the restaurant was beautifully detailed. 









I remembered the last time I was here, we were with my dad. We flew a kite for the first time, and he was at his happiest. Carrying his apo's on each arm, smiling as usual. Far from his grumpy old man facade. 

1 comment:

  1. ahhhh.. sorry to hear about your dad's death. condolences.

    nice blog you have here! i hope you can blog more! please tag me if you have new entry diana ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share to compare! :)